Posted by – December 21, 2010
What Is Hadoop?
The Apache Hadoop project develops open-source software for reliable, scalable, distributed computing. Hadoop includes these subprojects:
- Hadoop Common: The common utilities that support the other Hadoop subprojects.
- HDFS: A distributed file system that provides high throughput access to application data.
- MapReduce: A software framework for distributed processing of large data sets on compute clusters.
- ZooKeeper: A high-performance coordination service for distributed applications.
Posted by – December 5, 2010
Kingsoft open source pronounce:
Posted by – October 7, 2010
在makefile嵌shell命令的问题: (how to using shell commands within makefile?):
for dir in $(subdir-y) ; do \
if [ -d $$dir ]; then \
$(MAKE) -C $$dir cleanc; \
echo "$$dir is not exist"<strong>; \</strong>
make -C $(APP) cleanc
Posted by – October 7, 2010
1. kwriteconfig – Write KConfig entries (for use in shell scripts):
2. kreadconfig – Read KConfig entries (for use in shell scripts)
3. kde desktop applet src file locaiton:
This file recorder .desktop file location, groups info, etc…
We can change desktop files position by mouse on KDE Desktop, below file will record it…
the program kdeinit4: plasma-desktop [kdeinit] recorde the poistion to file below.
/home/<userName>/.kde/share/config/plasma-desktop-appletsrc: ( below is a entry of firefox.desktop in this file)
geometry=46,391.745912850909,78.7183612323325,87.2540871490914 (x,y)=46,391.745912850909, icon size=(78.7183612323325, 87.2540871490914)-(x,y)
4. /usr/bin/startkde auto start when new user login Kde X window.
Posted by – September 13, 2010
To install Ubuntu on hard disk using iso file:
1. Download ubuntu iso file to a disk partition(e.g.: /dev/sda3) root(/) dir which NOT the partition will install Ubuntu.
wget -c http://cdimage.ubuntu.com/daily-live/current/maverick-desktop-i386.iso
2. Only extract vmlinuz and initrd.lz from iso file the casper dir to the root(/) dir the iso file downloaded.
3. Reboot the box and enter into grub:
Once rebooted, when see the grub list, enter ‘c’ to enter into grub.
4. Type below grub commands to install Ubuntu from hard disk:
kernel /vmlinuz boot=casper iso-scan/filename=/maverick-desktop-i386.iso ro quiet splash locale=zh_CN.UTF-8
4. Once enter into the new system, installing ubuntu by clicking the icon on your desktop, and follow the tips to finish installation.
1. You can renmae iso file for short.
2. You can remove the locale parameter from the kernel( if not work, use ‘linux‘ instead) command.
What is FreeImage?
FreeImage is an Open Source library project for developers who would like to support popular graphics image formats like PNG, BMP, JPEG, TIFF and others as needed by today’s multimedia applications. FreeImage is easy to use, fast, multithreading safe, compatible with all 32-bit versions of Windows, and cross-platform (works both with Linux and Mac OS X).
Thanks to it’s ANSI C interface, FreeImage is usable in many languages including C, C++, VB, C#, Delphi, Java and also in common scripting languages such as Perl, Python, PHP, TCL or Ruby.
The library comes in two versions: a binary DLL distribution that can be linked against any WIN32 C/C++ compiler and a source distribution. Workspace files for Microsoft VS.Net 2003 and VS.Net 2005 are provided, as well as makefiles for Linux and Mac OS X.
From january 2000 to july 2002, FreeImage was designed and mainly developed by Floris van den Berg. FreeImage is now maintained by Hervé Drolon.
Posted by – April 22, 2010
Posted by – January 3, 2010
GnuWin provides Win32-versions of GNU tools, or tools with a similar open source licence. The ports are native ports, that is they rely only on libraries provided with any 32-bits MS-Windows operating system, such as MS-Windows 95 / 98 / 2000 / NT / XP /
Posted by – January 1, 2010
In the world: